Ingredients30 m servings 640 cals
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix the peach preserves, horseradish, and mustard together in a small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, basil, eggs, and beer in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the shrimp in batches to the batter, turning to coat.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, shaking off excess batter.
- Fry the shrimp in the preheated oil until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the fried shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve with the peach sauce.
Per Serving: 640 calories; 24.1 g fat; 74.1 g carbohydrates; 30.7 g protein; 271 mg cholesterol; 1138 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
EXCELLENT! The sauce is amazing, spot on. The batter consistency and performance is wonderful. There's something missing with the shrimp, though. Not enough to ruin the recipe by a long-shot...
This was delicious. The only change I made to the recipe - I didn't have peach jam, so I used frozen peach and blended.
Deep fried the shrimp about 3 minutes at 375. Peach sauce was really nice and I'm going to save the batter recipe for other goodies. Yup this was quite good and I will make this again.