Old Fashioned Butter Valentine Cookies Dipped in Chocolate
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat the 1 cup butter with the sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla extract in another bowl until well mixed.
- Gradually mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Shape the dough into a disk; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Working with half the dough at a time, roll out dough to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut into cookies with a large heart shaped cookie cutter. Repeat with the remaining half of the dough.
- Cut the center of half of the cookies with a smaller heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Place an open centered cookie on top of a whole cookie to form a sandwich. Arrange cookies on an ungreased baking sheet; set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the raspberry jam in a microwave save bowl and heat on high until jam is runny, about 35 seconds.
- Fill the center of the cookies with the jam. Refrigerate cookies for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are firm to the touch, 5 to 8 minutes. Cookies will be pale in color.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting until smooth, for 1 to 3 minutes, depending on your microwave.
- Spoon chocolate decoratively over half of each cookie.
- Place cookie on a waxed paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate until the chocolate has set, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 202 calories; 10.4 25.9 2.2 31 134 Full nutrition