Ingredients5 h servings 291 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Wrap each little sausage with 1/3 slice of bacon, and secure them with toothpicks.
- Place the appetizers on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sugar is melted and bubbling, about 40 minutes; turn the appetizers after 20 minutes.
- Remove the appetizers from the baking sheet with a slotted spoon, and place into a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup of brown sugar and the five-spice powder over the smokies, and drizzle with the cola. If desired, add hot sauce to taste.
- Set the cooker to High, and cook 4 hours. Serve warm.
- Cook's Note
- One package of smokies is good size for about 10 to 15 people. You might want to double recipe for larger groups.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup
Per Serving: 291 calories; 17.1 g fat; 24.3 g carbohydrates; 10.5 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 752 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I use a simiar recipe for chiken but I also add 2 teaspoons of liquid smoke and two teaspoons of chopped jalepeno peppers. It's addictive!
Simples ingredients. Who doesn't love wieners, bacon and sugar? Perfect combination of sweet and salty. I made a double batch of this recipe cause one package of the little smokies looked too sm...
Really good. My son seen me dumping the soda in the crockpot over the smokies and he was convinced that I had just ruined them. Silly boy. These didn't last long at all. And my son loved them.
This took a bit of prep work, but that could be done the night before. It tasted amazing and everybody loved it.