Sausage and Bean Slow Cooker Dinner
Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 392
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausage until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the onion; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Remove the sausages, and cut them into 1 1/2-inch to 2-inch pieces.
- Pour the beef stock, tomatoes, tomato puree, and hot sauce into the skillet with the onion and bring the mixture to a simmer, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom.
- Place the carrots into a slow cooker, followed by the garbanzo beans and kidney beans.
- Arrange the sausage pieces on top.
- Pour the sauce from the skillet into the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Partner tip: Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 392 calories; 15.5 35.6 27.4 60 1037 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
The broth was tasty. So much so, that I would want to double it. Adding rotini pasta might be tasty. Having the sausages cut to 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch pieces to too big. Instead, try three quarter...
This was very good. The only reason why I gave it 4 is because I added stuff to it. I added a can of white beans and jar of green chili's. We also said you could easily add peppers of any kind t...
I really liked this recipe! I changed a few ingredients just because I didn't have them. I was out of garbanzo beans, so I used great northern beans instead and omitted the tomato paste because ...
I made a few changes to the recipe. I couldn't find pork sausage links so I ended up chopping up some kielbasa (which tasted fabulous). After I combined all ingrediants, I simmered on the stove ...
A great easy recipe for a cold winter night ~ I did use Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles in place of the sausage slices. I used fire roasted chopped tomatoes and increased the stock to 2 cups. I al...
I left out the spicy stuff and used my homemade broth and a few drops of green tabasco. Also cooked the carrots in it before adding to pot to save a few hours off the cooking time. I also used ...
I made a few substitutions (changed out Tobasco for Crystal Hot Sauce and Turkey Sausage for Pork Sausage Links). While I've never been much of a fan of chickpeas, this is an excellent recipe. ...