Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 249
- Toss chicken wings in a large bowl with apple cider vinegar, garlic salt, paprika, red pepper flakes, onion salt, and black pepper to coat; cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours.
- Scatter flour over the chicken wings; toss to coat. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat; fry chicken in hot shortening until golden, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Arrange fried chicken pieces onto a baking sheet.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes; remove chicken to a platter lined with paper towels to drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic in melted butter until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir hot sauce into the butter and garlic mixture; reduce heat to low and simmer sauce 5 minutes. Transfer sauce to a large bowl.
- Move drained chicken in batches to the bowl with the sauce and turn to coat. Drizzle any remaining sauce over wings to serve.
- Editor's Notes:
- We have determined the nutritional value of shortening for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 20.5 7.6 8.6 53 814 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
Great stuff! Get kinda tired of people posting their, "I cut this or I added that" comments. Rate the recipe as is or don't do it all. Nice job, Jeri!
Fabulous! Hubby said these are the best wings I've ever made! Making these again for Super Bowl and many more times. Thank you Jeri!
because of Lucky's review and it being close to super bowl sunday. I was looking for a good wing recipe (Very tired of the restaurant wings) these had the most wonderful flavor!! I baked them ...
Fabulous! I can't keep enough of them on the table... it's like a pack of hungry animals pouncing. That apple cider vinegar marinade is kick-. I use half the recommended butter and just a few mo...
I've made this exactly as is many times, it is a hit every single time. Most delicious wings by far. Thanks for sharing!!
I will definitely make this again. We love chicken wings in our house and this was the best recipe so far.
Just made this exactly as written. These are the BEST I've ever had - restaurant or homemade. I used Louisiana Gem Habanero Pepper Sauce for the hot pepper sauce and Trader Joe's organic unfilte...
I absolutley love this recipe. It is so simple. I made some for when I was visiting my family and they gobbled it down before I even had a chance, thats how good the wings are. I normally use ch...