Bab's South of the Border Taco Dip
Ingredients1 h servings 234 cals
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Drain the excess grease.
- Stir in the garlic, chipotle peppers, cumin, and chili powder; cook just until the flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, red bell pepper, and 2 teaspoons lime juice to make a spreadable mixture. Layer the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a large springform pan or 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spread the cooled beef mixture over the cream cheese.
- Top the beef layer with layers of tomato, black olives, Cheddar cheese, half the lettuce, green onion, remaining lettuce, and the taco sauce.
- Lightly toss the avocados with juice and zest of 2 limes; spread the avocados over the taco sauce.
- Finish the dip by dotting dollops of sour cream all over the top of the dish and sprinkling with cilantro.
- Cook's Notes
- I use my large springform pan for this because it is so pretty once unmolded and you can see all the layers.
- I leave it up to you to decide if you want to use ground turkey or beef, non-fat or low fat cheeses, hot or mild taco sauce.
- To make ahead, finish the dip through layering on the Cheddar cheese in Step 3. Tightly cover the dip with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Before serving, finish layering the lettuce, green onions, taco sauce, and ingredients called for in Step 4.
Per Serving: 234 calories; 19.4 g fat; 6.5 g carbohydrates; 9.3 g protein; 53 mg cholesterol; 376 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and reduced fat cream cheese/sour cream. I did run the adobo peppers through the blender with a little of the sauce, then added it to the skillet with...
I made this in a spring form pan as the submitter recommended - it makes a nice presentation but a mess to serve. I would prefer to do the first layer as meat and refried beans - I more solid b...
This is DELICIOUS. I took it for a potluck and came home with an empty pan. Makin it again for the superbowl. Thanks Javaqueen