Ingredients1 h servings 627
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Brown the bratwurst slices in a skillet over medium heat, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often; drain excess grease and set the sausage aside.
- Melt the butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onions in the butter and oil mixture, stirring often, until soft and brown, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread the tortilla chips onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Spread the bratwurst slices, caramelized onions, dollops of refried beans, jalapeno pepper slices, and Mexican cheese blend over the chips.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cayenne pepper, and onion powder.
- Bake the nachos in the preheated oven until hot and the cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Cook's Note:
- When cutting up the bratwurst, wipe knife as needed to keep sharp.
Per Serving: 627 calories; 39.9 48.4 20.7 70 1171 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These are pretty tasty - I added a few black olive and a little green onion for color. They must have been good because within 15 minutes there were none left.
I personally did not like the bratwurst sausage over top the nachos but it tastes really good even without it! Such a lovely recipe. It is also very versatile, my favourite adjustment to this re...
A delicious new way to serve brats! I loved the spices. I can see where they would be devoured by a crowd, however there are only two of us and I wish I had thought to only assemble half the rec...
Really tasty. I was looking for a nacho recipe for a last minute dinner idea. I had ground beef so I used that with taco seasoning. Added black olives and green chilies (because it's what I had!)