Ingredients45 m servings 306 cals
- Brown chicken well in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in soup, red pepper, apple juice, ketchup, garlic and black pepper. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until chicken is fully cooked - about 20 minutes.
- Add basil and stir well. Serve on rice and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- Tip 1: If fresh basil is not available, substitute 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of dried basil leaves, adding it with the black pepper.
- Tip 2: Look in your local cheese shop for a unique pasteurized cheese variety and switch it with the Mozzarella for a whole new flavour twist to this dish.
Per Serving: 306 calories; 5.8 g fat; 34.4 g carbohydrates; 27.7 g protein; 69 mg cholesterol; 564 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was an awesome, easy recipe. We just made it for a dinner with friends over and it was tangy and tasty, and a beautiful presentation. Our friends even asked me to send them the recipe! T...
Very good! My husband and I both enjoyed it. It has a sweet and spicy mix of flavors (mostly sweet). I followed the recipe exactly except that I roasted my own red pepper under the broiler and I...