Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 587
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Press each chicken piece into the flour and tap off excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until almost smoking hot.
- Pan-fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Work in batches so as to not overcrowd the pan. Set the browned chicken aside.
- Stir the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic into the Dutch oven; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushroom; cook until they release their juice, 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Mix in oregano, tomatoes, tomato paste, white wine, and chicken stock; bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken pieces to the sauce, cover the pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir in capers and sprinkle with basil to serve.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 587 calories; 29.7 23.8 51 145 543 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
my husband liked this more than anything Ive ever made! I added 1 jalepeno pepper, and used only fresh cherry tomatoes (nothing canned) Also I used a LOT of pepper, and no salt. Next time Ill ...
I prepared the recipe as written except I didn't have any wine and I used dried basil and I added black olives. After tasting this, it was somewhat bland so I added extra Italian seasoning and s...
Made this with only the change of using fresh tomatoes. Excellent recipe! Just one comment: The photo used in this recipe ( probably a stock photo) isn't what yours will look like. Yours will be...