Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 320 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place half the artichoke marinade into a large skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the chicken pieces until the liquid has almost evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the chicken pieces with a slotted spoon, and place into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour the remaining marinade into the same skillet, and cook and stir the onions, garlic, mushrooms, oregano, basil, salt, rosemary, and black pepper until the onions are translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Mix in diced tomatoes with their juice, tomato sauce, black olives, and chopped artichoke hearts. Stir the sauce well, and pour over the chicken in the baking dish. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake the chicken until the sauce is bubbling, about 45 minutes. Uncover, and drizzle the Madeira wine over the dish; top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, and bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 more minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 320 calories; 12 g fat; 21.2 g carbohydrates; 29.2 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 1428 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 33
I normally don't like to try a recipe that has no reviews but any recipe that starts with a jar of marinated artichoke hearts is worth a try! My family and I were not disappointed! I didn't ha...
This is a wonderful dish with pasta. We did not have Madeira wine, we use chicken broth as other suggested. Came out perfect and very yummy!! Thanks Melissa :)
I thought I'd try this with hot and sweet Italian sausage (bulk meat-no casings) and substituted sliced green bell peppers for the artichokes. Delicious!
A huge hit with my husband & teenage son! Made just as the recipe was written (used a cab instead of Madera). Served with fresh green beans & garlic parmesan biscuits. Will definitely be making ...
This receipe was very good. I add 1 tsp. basil and 2 bay leaves. Melissa's was the most italian of those I found.
I added black beans and used less chicken. I added green peppers. Served it over rice.
Actually didn't realize the time frame for cooking. Put it in the crock pot on low for 2 hrs until we returned home and the juice soaked right into the chicken making it an awesome dish! Thx