Ingredients14 h 40 m servings 145 cals
- Whisk together pumpkin, both amounts of water, yeast, salt, pumpkin spice in a large bowl. Stir in flour. The mixture will look dry, but keep mixing until dough comes together. Cover with a lightly damp towel and allow to rise for 12-16 hours.
- Generously sprinkle cornmeal over a baking sheet.
- Scrape dough out of the bowl onto a generously floured work surface. Sprinkle more flour on top of the dough, then press down slightly on dough to remove any air bubbles. Shape the dough into a round loaf by folding the sides up and flipping the dough over so the smooth side is on top. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Dust with more flour, then place dry towel on top. Allow to dough to rise until nearly double, about 1 1/2 hours. Using a very sharp knife, cut a slash on the top of the dough about 1/2-inch deep.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place a small baking pan filled with about 2 inches of water in the back of the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, then turn baking sheet around and continue baking until golden brown, about 20 minutes more. Allow bread to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 0.4 g fat; 30.4 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 322 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is the most insanely weird yet delicious bread I have ever made. I let it rise for the first 16 hours and it may have risen about 1/3". I was pretty dissapointed. Then, I decided to put it ...
I made the dough exactly as written and then forgot about it until almost 24 hours later! I just continued to follow the directions... and it turned out fantastic. It's a great way to use up ext...