Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 619
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- With a small sharp knife, make cuts in the meaty side of the beef roast, and insert slivers of garlic into the cuts. Lay the roast in a roasting pan with the rib side down. Mash the 3 cloves of minced garlic, horseradish, thyme, rosemary, kosher salt, black pepper, and olive oil in a bowl to make a paste. Rub the paste all over the roast, including the rib bones. Scatter the carrots, celery, and onion into the roasting pan around the meat.
- Roast the meat in the preheated oven until browned and a quick-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast reads 135 degrees F (57 degrees C), for medium-rare meat, about 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- Remove the roast to a carving board, and allow to rest for 10 minutes. The temperature of the roast should rise to 145 degrees F (65 degrees C).
- Pour the pan drippings into a bowl, and skim excess fat. To serve, carve the roast into 1-inch thick slices, arrange slices on a platter, and place vegetables around the meat. Pour the pan juices over the meat and vegetables.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 619 calories; 51.7 5.9 30.9 118 437 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Excellent!!! I made a few changes... I used spicy dijon mustard instead of horseradish I did not use the carrots, onions nor the celery. Also I drizzled a little bit of Sesame oil on top. We h...
I love this recipe! I add 1 Tbsp dijon mustard to the paste and use fresh, finely chopped rosemary. I roast at 475 for first first 30 minutes to get good crust going, turn down to 350 until inte...
Great recipe. I used whole grain Dijon mustard instead of horseradish, as my family is not one for spicy foods. Nixed the veggies and used all fresh herbs. Marinated it in the paste over night. ...
Absolutely wonderful, especially WITH the horseradish and not Dijon mustard. Didn't change a thing and it was perfect, thank you.