Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 35 m servings 704 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef in 2 batches and cook until well browned on all sides.
- Place the onion and garlic into a 5-quart slow cooker. Top with the beef. Stir the picante sauce and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Pour the picante sauce mixture over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Remove the beef from the cooker and keep warm.
- Stir the flour in the cooker. Increase the heat to HIGH. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve the sauce with the beef.
- Time-Saving: This recipe may also be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Easy Substitution: You can substitute boneless beef short ribs for the bone-in, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 704 calories; 57.8 g fat; 13.8 g carbohydrates; 29.1 g protein; 124 mg cholesterol; 660 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
We used half mild taco sauce, half hot salsa in place of the pace picante sauce. They were delicious but we would have preferred something spicier.