Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 807 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and allspice in a medium bowl.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is creamy. Beat in the eggs and molasses.
- Reduce the speed to low. Alternately beat in the flour mixture and the vegetable juice. Stir in the cherries. Pour the batter into the cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Spoon the gingerbread into bowls. Top with the whipped cream, if desired.
Per Serving: 807 calories; 35.2 g fat; 110.3 g carbohydrates; 12.7 g protein; 207 mg cholesterol; 751 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I halved the recipe and made it in my small crockpot. I subbed diced dried apricots instead of cherries and added a small handful of crystallized ginger. I wish I had been able to stay close ...