Jacqueline P Slattery
Ingredients5 h 25 m servings 927
- Preheat an oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan, and stir in the margarine until melted. Mix in the stuffing mix until thoroughly moistened, remove from heat, and allow the stuffing to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Remove neck and giblets from the turkey, if present, and place the turkey into a large roasting pan with a lid. Lightly stuff the cavity of the turkey with the stuffing. Pour the red wine all over the turkey, and sprinkle the bird with salt. Brush the egg over the top of the turkey. Cover the roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 2 hours. Remove lid, baste the turkey with the pan drippings, and cover the breast of the turkey with a piece of aluminum foil. Return to oven, and roast an additional 30 minutes; baste once more, and roast until the turkey is browned and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 2 more hours.
- Transfer the turkey to a platter, and allow to stand for 30 minutes. To serve, remove stuffing to a serving dish before carving.
Per Serving: 927 calories; 42.5 17 106.2 314 806 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Having had turkey every month for the last three months we decided to try something different. Very interesting way of cooking a turkey but not something we are used to. Even though we liked thi...
I cooked turkey for the first time using this recipe and it was just so delicious. Very simple, easy and amazing. I recommend this for everyone.