Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 671
Original recipe yields 15 servings (1 whole stuffed turkey)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- If necessary, unbind legs of turkey. Rinse and dry turkey with paper towels. Place turkey into a roasting pan with a lid, and rub the oil all over the turkey, inside and out. Stuff the body and neck cavities of the turkey with the apple quarters; arrange whole apples around the turkey in the roasting pan. Scatter any extra apple quarters into the pan. Cover the roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the skin is browned and the meat is beginning to separate from the legs, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove lid in last 20 minutes of roasting if needed to brown skin. Use pan drippings for gravy, if desired.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes
- Be sure not to use too large of a roasting pan. If using an aluminum (throw-away) roasting pan, tent the aluminum foil placed over the turkey so that it does not touch the turkey; however, it is necessary to ensure that the aluminum foil is as "sealed" as possible.
- Baking time varies based on the size of the turkey and the kind of oven used; if in doubt, follow the rule of thumb of 15 minutes per pound of turkey. However, I have found that this recipe cooks remarkably fast.
- I never add salt to this recipe, even when making the gravy.
Per Serving: 671 calories; 29.1 27.3 73 212 177 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was AMAZING!!! The turkey came out super moist! I made mine in an electric roaster and then tossed it in my oven for 10 minutes to crisp the skin. So simple and so good!!