Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 135 cals
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9x13-inch cake pan or two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Place cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 more minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Transfer batter to cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean; 40 to 50 minutes for a 9x13-inch cake pan, or 25 to 35 minutes for 8-inch cake pans. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes.
- Crumble cake while warm into a large bowl. Stir in frosting until well blended.
- Melt chopped chocolate and shortening in a glass bowl in the microwave, on medium heat, until melted, about 1 minute. Alternatively, melt chopped chocolate and shortening in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Form balls of the chocolate cake mixture using a melon baller or small scoop. Dip balls in warm chocolate mixture, using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to cool.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe is a healthier version of Cake Balls.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 5.4 g fat; 21 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 125 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1