Ingredients25 m servings 251 cals
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Lightly cook zucchini by tossing into pasta water just before draining.
- Heat butter and garlic in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley.
- Toss sauce with cooked whole wheat fettuccine and zucchini strips.
- Editor's Notes:
- Add 2 tablespoons pasta cooking water if needed for moistness.
- This recipe is a healthier version of Alfredo Sauce.
Per Serving: 251 calories; 22.6 g fat; 4 g carbohydrates; 9.2 g protein; 74 mg cholesterol; 366 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made the sauce exactly but doubled it. .. with the only change being that I added 1 teaspoon onion powder and I used minced garlic. I used the sauce with chicken & broccoli calzones. Turned ou...
This did not make much sauce at all. I was trying to make an Alfredo sauce with pasta and I ended up more than doubling the heavy cream to cover my noodles. Also, if you follow the recipe exactl...
This was so popular with my family! I liked it, too. Having read the reviews I doubled the sauce. Mine did curdle but I had several things going for the meal& it was my fault. Still I got raves...