Jalapeno Lime Cheesecake
Ingredients5 h 30 m servings 639 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a large bowl until evenly moistened; press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust has lightly browned and smells toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the cream cheese mixture before adding the next. Beat the flour, vanilla extract, and lime juice into the cream cheese mixture with the last egg. Fold the jalapeno pepper into the mixture; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and continue baking until the center has just set, 50 to 55 minutes. Remove from the oven, run the tip of a paring knife around the edges of the pan, set the pan on a wire rack, and allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature for 1 hour before placing into the refrigerator, and cooling 4 hours to overnight.
- Cook's Note:
- Always wear protective gloves when working with hot peppers.
Per Serving: 639 calories; 49.3 g fat; 40.4 g carbohydrates; 11.1 g protein; 202 mg cholesterol; 495 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
wow im not going to mess with this recipe!! this is soo good thnxx for this so easy&simple!!! xo :) the lime keeps the jalapeno from over powering...
I found it quite good when I served it to a group of friends. How ever it was a little tart .I would add another 1/2 cup of sugar and at least 6 jalapenos, I added 2 and did notice the were even...
My wife and I liked this, not loved it but liked it a lot. It was fun to make once to say I had a jalapeno cheesecake but it wasn't so terrific that I need to make it again. I will admit tho tha...
The taste was excellent! The directions were not. If reducing the oven temperature to 250 degrees, you need to bake it about 90 minutes. It also overflowed in my oven. Way too much batter for a ...
I think somebody missed something here. I made this twice and seemed to me, something was missing. The third time I made this, I added a tablespoon of sugar to the crust mixture. That did it.
Great job. I put a grim reaper pepper in. It was better not as much pepper taste, but twice the heat. Plus I put 1/2 c pecans in the crust. Try it with pot butter it's great too
It's Jalapeno Day at work today. First time ever making cheesecake. It was a hit. Delicious and gone quickly. Creamy. Read many reviews and added the tablespoon of sugar to the graham crackers....
I wanted to take a picture, but my family ate it so fast I didn't have a chance. It was great! Few changes on my end: I made a chopped almond crust instead of graham cracker (2 cups raw almonds ...