Super Easy Breakfast Sausage Loaf
Ingredients50 m servings 529 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the sausage and brown sugar. Cook and stir until the meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Transfer sausage to a bowl; wipe the skillet clean.
- Melt the butter in the clean skillet over low heat. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper. Pour the eggs into the skillet. Allow the eggs to cook undisturbed until they begin to set, then gently stir the eggs until the curds are separate and set but not dry, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough, and line the bottom and sides of the prepared pan with 3/4 of the dough. Layer the sausage, scrambled eggs, and Colby-Monterey Jack cheese into the pan, then top with the remaining 1/4 of dough. Pinch the corners and sides of the dough together.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 529 calories; 36.9 g fat; 25.4 g carbohydrates; 22.4 g protein; 195 mg cholesterol; 1208 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The kids really liked it. The brown sugar gives a sweetness the kids crave. I had to pull it out of the oven five minutes early because the bread was about to burn. Used a bag of precrumbled sau...
I loved the simplicity! My 2 toddlers loved it, & I wasn't complaining. Maybe next time I'll try it with homemade biscuits in a muffin pan.... Thanks Rick!
This is a good quick recipe that is easy and tasty. Next time I make it I am going to leave the brown sugar out and make with spice chicken sausage for the adults.
I added a layer of mushrooms to this and didn't realize until I had the thing in the oven that I forgot the brown sugar. No harm though. I used a yummy homemade turkey sausage in this