Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 739
- Season chicken thighs with salt and black pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat in a saucepan. Cook chicken until browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side; remove from pan.
- Cook and stir linguica sausage and onion in the same saucepan until the onion is just starting to become translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, cumin, herbes de Provence, bay leaf, and parsley; cook spices in oil until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Return browned chicken thighs to the skillet, and pour in chicken stock.
- Heat to a boil; reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove all chicken pieces and sausage using a slotted spoon. Pour broth into different bowl and set aside. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove skin and bones; set chicken meat and sausage aside.
- Heat 2 more tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in saucepan. Add red and green peppers and orzo; stir to coat with hot oil. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Cook for 5 minutes, or until most of broth is absorbed.
- Continue to slowly add remaining broth and stir until almost absorbed, about 15 minutes, or until tender but still slightly firm in the center of a pasta (you probably won't use all of broth). Remove from heat. Add chicken and sausage, stir and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until pasta soaks up remaining broth. You can pour in extra broth at serving time if mixture is a little dry.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 739 calories; 46.9 34.4 43.8 136 1844 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 35
This was my first attempt at risotto and I was really nervous, but I followed the directions exactly and it turned out wonderful- creamy and spicy!
I made this last night and it came out amazing.. my boyfriend said it was a top dish. the only difference in this recipe is that I cooked all the veggies with the meat and I used two different s...
Great flavors but a little too much meat. Next time I think I will add more pasta and scale back the two meats.
My whole family loved this! I usually try to stay true to the original recipe the first time I make it, but a few of the ingredients can't be found in my little town. I had Hillshire Farms Chedd...
Delicious, as others have said there is too much meat. 4 chicken thighs and 1/2 pound of sausage are perfect.
This is an excellent change up from the same old boring chicken! The spices really make this dish flavorful and the red bell pepper gives it color and a texture. Browning the chicken is a must...
Since I've made some minor adjustments I will only give this recipe 4 stars and comment on the version I make. We've been eating my adapted mild version regularly. As my husband does not like s...
This is excellent! I used bnls/sknls thighs & italian sausage, as it's what I had on hand, and a red & green bell pepper. Wasn't sure which paprika to use, so used 1/2 hot + 1/2 smoked. Didn't h...