"A while back I had to make drinks for a Harry Potter Club meeting, but all the recipes I found for firewhiskey involved either hot sauce, alcohol, or both. We were all underage, and carbonated Tabasco doesn't appeal to me, so I created this. We Muggles enjoyed it immensely, and I hope you will too. This goes great with any other Harry Potter-themed food. I made 'Cockroach Clusters,' 'Pumpkin Pasties,' and vegetable wands. Good for cold days as well."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 10 m servings 40
Original recipe yields 32 servings (4 quarts)
- Combine the ginger ale, ginger, red hot candies, and cinnamon sticks in a large container; refrigerate until the candies dissolve completely, 8 hours or overnight.
- Add the habanero peppers to the ginger ale mixture for 4 hours or desired time; remove and discard peppers. Serve in small glasses.
- Cook's Notes:
- Let steep for as long as desired, then remove and discard. A half hour will result in a pleasant tingle. For truly hot firewhiskey, 4-5 hours is recommended. Of course, using more peppers will result in hotter firewhiskey in less time.
- It's a good idea (if you're serving this to guests) to have two different strengths of firewhiskey so that those with more sensitive palates can still enjoy it.
- To shorten the process, place peppers in a small amount of water and microwave for 45 seconds, and use this to flavor the drink. It may be less spicy but it's clearly quicker. You could also shred the ginger instead of slicing, but it's hard to remove it afterward.
Per Serving: 40 calories; 0 10 0 0 9 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1