Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 142
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 mini tarts)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Soak wooden pop sticks in water.
- Place the cherries into a saucepan, and stir in white sugar, cornstarch, water, and almond extract. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, and cook until thick, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- On a floured surface, unroll the pie crusts, and roll each crust out to an 11-inch circle. Cut each crust into 18 rectangles about 1 1/2-inch by 2 inches.
- Place 18 squares onto the prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart, and place a wooden pop stick onto each square so that about 1 inch of the stick is on the dough rectangle. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cherry filling into center of each dough rectangle. Top each tart with a second rectangle of dough, and crimp the edges of the little tarts with a fork. Press dough around stick to help hold the stick in place.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tarts are lightly browned at the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Make the glaze by stirring confectioners' sugar with milk and vanilla extract until smooth and pourable (not thin). Spread a coating of glaze over each tart, and sprinkle the tarts with candy sprinkles. Allow the glaze to set for several hours before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use a ruler to measure the mini pop rectangles, and mark the dough with a butter knife before cutting. If you prefer, make regular tarts by cutting pastry into 2x3-inch rectangles; omit sticks.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 142 calories; 7.3 17.8 1.5 < 1 113 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1