Rosemary Chicken with Whole Wheat Orecchiette
"Whole wheat pasta owns a nutty, toasty flavor, just the right heartiness to complement fresh herbs and fruity extra virgin olive oil. We chose orecchiette (or 'little ears' in Italian) pasta for its scoopable hollows-great for capturing sauces and small ingredients."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 537
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 to 6 servings)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In the meantime, rub chicken breasts with salt, pepper and fresh rosemary. In a large saucepan, pan-fry chicken breast strips over medium-high heat with olive oil. Fry until browned and thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Once water boils, add salt and then pasta. Cook orecchiette for al dente texture, according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 1/4 cups of pasta water for finishing sauce.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add pasta to cooked chicken in saucepan with enough pasta water to loosen sauce, 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt and pepper. Cook on medium-low for about 3 minutes, until sauce has thickened. Add more pasta water if necessary.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan to serve.
You might also like
Per Serving: 537 calories; 23.1 50.7 31 80 561 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is delicious! I added minced garlic to the recipe. It was a HUGE hit with the hubby and he asked me to make it again. Make sure you hold onto the extra pasta water. I tossed it out afte...