Shreddies Snack Mix and BBQ Spice Rub (2 for 1)
Post Foods Canada Corp.
"Make your own BBQ spice rub to have on hand when barbecuing steaks, chops, or chicken. And, while the meat is absorbing all the good flavours, make the Shreddies Snack Mix using some of the BBQ spice rub. Easy, delicious, and practical the BBQ spice rub is used in 2 different, complimentary ways."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 242 cals
Original recipe yields 7 servings (3 -1/2 cups snack mix)
- Directions for BBQ Spice Rub: Combine Spice Rub BBQ ingredients in a jar with a lid. Makes 2/3 cup spice rub mix.
- Directions for Shreddies Snack Mix: Combine Shreddies, crackers, and peanuts in large bowl.
- Melt butter; stir in oil, and BBQ Spice Rub; drizzle over cereal mixture and mix. Spread evenly on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 30 min., stirring every 10 min. Cool.
- To use the spice mix as a BBQ rub: Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. over 1 lb. (4 servings) of meat; rub into all surfaces. Refrigerate for several hours before barbecuing.
- TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
- Storage Know-How: Store rub mixture in sealed jar, in a cool dark area for up to 3 months.
- Store Shreddies Snack Mix in air-tight container or resealable plastic bag for up to 1 week.
- Party Tip: Shreddies Snack Mix can easily be doubled to make 7 cups; use 2 baking sheets during baking.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 14.1 g fat; 27.1 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 685 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1