Shreddies On The Go Mini Fruit Snacks
made it | 0 reviews |
Post Foods Canada Corp.
"Bite-size fibre-packed power-house snacks for nibbling in between meals, during a coffee break, or when your energy needs a boost. Great to have on hand at work, in the car, or at sporting activities."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 138 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (120 mini snacks)
- Select and arrange 240 whole Shreddies on a tray.
- Place dried fruit in food processor; process until finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Add honey and orange juice concentrate; process until paste-like. Transfer mixture to sturdy resealable plastic bag. Snip piece off of one bottom corner.
- Make 1 snack at a time by squeezing out approx. 1/2 tsp. fruit paste on top of each Shreddie. Top with 1 Shreddie, gently squeezing together to make a sandwich. Repeat to make 120 snacks.
- TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
- Storage Know-How: Store in air-tight container or resealable plastic bag at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Kitchen Tips: If desired, prepare snacks as required, instead of making them all at the same time. Fruit mixture can be stored in plastic bag for up to one week, sealed to prevent from drying out.
- Save broken Shreddies for another recipe requiring crushed Shreddies.
- Fun Facts: 240 whole Shreddies (4 cups, depending on amount of breakage.) weigh approx. 160 g.
- 120 prepared snacks in a single layer make a 9x12-inch rectangle.
Per Serving: 138 calories; 0.6 g fat; 34.2 g carbohydrates; 2.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 102 mg sodium. Full nutrition