Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 322 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cook the bulgur according to the directions on the package. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they are fragrant and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Allow them to cool then chop them coarsely.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until they are soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon into small pieces, until it is nearly all browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and cook for 1 minute more. Add the cooked bulgur, raisins and strained diced tomatoes and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds and 1/4 cup of the parsley.
- Combine the reserved tomato juice, tomato sauce and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a 9x13 baking dish. Place the zucchini boats into the dish, cut side up, on top of the sauce and fill each zucchini boat generously with the beef mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes more, until the zucchini is cooked through but still slightly firm. To serve, place 2 zucchini halves on a plate and drizzle with tomato sauce and garnish with parsley.
- Developed by: Ellie Krieger cookbook author, "So Easy: Luscious Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week" on behalf of Almond Board of California
Per Serving: 322 calories; 15.9 g fat; 31 g carbohydrates; 18.5 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 657 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1