Holiday Oyster Stuffing
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 391
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Bring the turkey broth to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, and melt the margarine in the broth. Stir in the stuffing mix until thoroughly combined. Transfer the stuffing to a large bowl. Stir in pork sausage, ground beef, onion, and egg until the mixture is well combined, and lightly mix in the oysters, turkey giblets, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Transfer the oyster stuffing to the prepared baking dish, and cover dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sausage and ground beef are cooked through and the stuffing is crisp and lightly browned, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note
- To make broth: Simmer the turkey giblets in a small saucepan of lightly salted water, uncovered, for about an hour; drain.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 391 calories; 23.2 17.1 26.9 171 1059 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
BEST EVER HAD FOR LONG TIME... Will contnue making "tweeks" until perfecto :)
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner, and my family loved it. I used chicken broth instead of turkey broth, and I sauteed the onion in butter/oil along with a couple ribs of celery. I added 1 tea...
Great flavors in this one! I switched out the beef with bison to reduce the fat and used hot sausage and red pepper to kick it up a bit. I also added shitake mushrooms. Need to remove the foi...
While I don't like oyster dressing, my husband was craving one of his childhood Thanksgiving favorites. His grandmother would make oyster dressing every year. I knew completely nada about it bey...