Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 635 cals
- Mix water, sugar, yeast, and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil for several seconds on low speed in the work bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Stop the mixer and add the flour and salt. Start the mixer on low speed and mix until the flour mixture is incorporated with the yeast mixture; turn speed to medium-low and machine-knead the dough until springy and smooth, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle dough with flour occasionally if it sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Form dough into a ball and place into an oiled bowl; turn the dough over in the bowl several times to oil the surface of the dough. Cover the dough with a towel, set into a warm place, and allow to rise until double, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes; drain on a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool; chop and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the garlic in the melted butter until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir the cream into the butter mixture. Add the egg yolks and whisk with the butter mixture until smooth. Stir 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, the Romano cheese, and nutmeg into the mixture; season to taste with salt. Bring the sauce just barely to a simmer over low heat; cook and stir at a simmer until cheeses have melted and sauce has thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, thyme, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, white pepper, and onion powder together in a bowl. Rub one side of each chicken breast thoroughly with the spice mixture. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Sear the chicken breasts, seasoned sides first, in the hot oil until the spices turn almost black, about 1 minute per side; transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken breasts in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), 5 to 10 minutes; set aside.
- Punch down pizza dough and roll out onto a floured work surface. Shape pizza crust on a large pizza stone or heavy baking sheet. Poke several holes in the crust with a fork to help it release steam.
- Bake the crust in the oven until top is very lightly cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and spread a layer of Alfredo sauce over the crust. Spread the mozzarella cheese in an even layer over the sauce. Slice the blackened chicken breasts and arrange over the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle pizza with spinach leaves and chopped bacon. Top with 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Return pizza to oven and bake until the mozzarella cheese is melted and browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle pizza with chopped Roma tomatoes to serve.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 635 calories; 41.7 g fat; 40.9 g carbohydrates; 24.1 g protein; 181 mg cholesterol; 879 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 39
Great flavor for the chicken...amazing alfredo sauce!!!
Pizza with stew? That was new for me.
This was a great recipe. Alfredo-based sauces aren't my favorite, but my husband wanted one so I made this one and I was not disappointed. I made the crust with whole wheat and it turned out f...
This was really good. I've never made a pizza like this so figured I'd give it a try. I used a different recipe for the crust but still homemade , I put all the ingredients in my bread machine a...
I am giving this 5 stars for the chicken alone!!! This was my first time making blackened chicken it was perfect!!! Thank you so much will use this method again and again.
The Alfredo sauce is great. My rating is for the sauce only since I already had my favorite pizza crust in the fridge, and I was planning to use morels and baby broccoli to make a pizza. I dec...
THIS IS ONE OF THOSE MEMORABLE RECIPES!! IF I COULD RATE IT 10 STARS I WOULD!! ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! IV NEVER HAD BLACKENED CHICKEN BEFORE AND ITS DELISH!! I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PIZZA!! ...
The alfredo sauce in this recipe is absolutely amazing! I used Publix's pizza dough in a bag to save time. We made one pizza as the recipe calls for and had a lot of extra sauce so next time I...
I want to add an update: When you make this pizza, and if you have leftovers, it tastes even better after letting it sit in the fridge overnight!! YUM.