100% Fruit "Cake"
Ingredients30 m servings 233
- To create the base tier of the cake, cut 3 slices of watermelon, 1 to 2 inches thick, crossways through the center of the melon. Trim the rind from the watermelon slices, and place the largest slice onto a cake plate. Alternate layering sliced strawberries, slices of cantaloupe, and slices of fresh pineapple; follow with the second-largest watermelon slice. Repeat once more to make a layered fruit stack that looks like a cake.
- Thinly slice a few pieces of remaining melon and pineapple. With cookie cutters or a sharp knife, cut remaining fruit slices into decorative shapes. Decorate the cake tiers with the cut fruit shapes and remaining berries.
- Refrigerate until serving time. To serve, slice the cake with a sharp knife, one wedge at a time, and set the wedge onto a plate.
- Cook's Note
- I used defrosted and drained blueberries and they were fine. Chopped grapes made a nice "salsa" on the side. Shredded coconut can also be sprinkled on top to decorate.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 1.2 58.6 4.6 0 18 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Made it for my friends little brother, hes 6 and loved it. Thanks for the recipe :3
I make mine a little differently, but same concept. I cut the ends off the watermelon leaving the center flat on both sides, remove the rind to form an actual cake shaped watermelon and then dec...
This "100% Fruit Cake" was a huge hit! I made mine 3 hours in advance and placed it in a pie plate by chance because I was taking it to a picnic. A lot of fruit juice seeped from the fruit, but ...
This was a great alternative to the traditional cake. However, don't let it fool you, it isn't as easy as it looks! Worth the effort though.