Rich Indulgence Chocolate Cakes
Laurie Pearson, REAL WOMEN OF PHILADELPHIA
"The best of two worlds collide as rich and delicious chocolate cake surrounds a delightful centre of smooth and creamy cheesecake. Drizzled in raspberry sauce and adorned with fresh raspberries and whipped cream, this dessert is purely ‘Rich Indulgence'."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 799 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray 6 ramekins with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Add 1/2 pkg. cream cheese (125 g), 2 eggs, whipping cream, coffee and vanilla; beat with mixer until smooth. With mixer running, add hot water slowly, mixing until batter is smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together remaining cream cheese, 2 eggs, 2/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fill prepared ramekins 1/3 full with chocolate cake batter. Fill a piping bag (fit with a large tip) with cream cheese mixture. Insert tip into the centre of batter in each cup; add cream cheese mixture to each ramekin until 2/3 full. (Do not overfill.) Slowly remove piping bag tip from centre of the cake and dab with chocolate cake batter to hide the white filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Place 7 or 8 chocolate chips in the centre of each cake. Continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let ramekins cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend thawed raspberries with the remaining sugar in a blender container until smooth.
- To serve, spread raspberry sauce onto 8 serving plates. Unmould cakes onto plates and garnish with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.
Per Serving: 799 calories; 36.2 g fat; 116 g carbohydrates; 13.1 g protein; 204 mg cholesterol; 751 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1