Ingredients1 h servings 885 cals
- Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into 1/2-inch slices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mozzarella, ricotta, egg, parsley and seasonings.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut dough in half. Roll each into a 12-inch circle. On two parchment-lined baking sheets, carefully place one dough round on each baking sheet.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of pizza sauce, half the cheese mixture and half of the sausage slices onto the lower half of each dough round, keep the outer 1/2-inch of dough free of ingredients. With a pastry brush, moisten the outer 1/2-inch of each round with water. Fold dough over filling and crimp edges firmly to seal.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each Calzone in half and serve with remaining pizza sauce.
Per Serving: 885 calories; 45 g fat; 70.4 g carbohydrates; 45.1 g protein; 154 mg cholesterol; 2598 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was my first attempt at making calzones and I'm pleased to say that it was a huge success! Before I mention my tweeks, I'd like to review the hot Italian Johnsonville Ground Sausage. It was...
These were tasty! I browned off some Mild Johnsonville Ground Sausage, made my own dough (I used the Garlic Lover's Pizza Dough for the Bread Machine recipe - also from this site), and also made...
I used mild Italian Johnsonville sausage and it gave this just enough spice. This would be great with a variety of fillings. Delicious!