Ingredients30 m servings 212 cals
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Place cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until melted, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in the salsa, seasonings and sausage. Microwave 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with garlic toast.
- Please note: to crush fennel and anise seeds, use a spice mill or mortar and pestle for best results.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a spicier dish. Serve garlic toast with diced tomatoes and chopped black olives.
- To serve in a bread bowl, cut off the top of a round loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-inch shell. Cube removed bread. Spoon cheese dip into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes.
Per Serving: 212 calories; 16.7 g fat; 3.1 g carbohydrates; 12.3 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 848 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I tried this recipe & it would have been good, but way to much cheese. Next time i would add more salsa and less cheese. But overall could have been very yummy.
I liked this recipe, although we made a couple of changes. I halved the recipe, since I wasn't feeding a big croud (although you wouldn't know by the noise level). I didn't have any anise seed...
I thought this was a really tasty dip! I used the hot Johnsonville Italian sausage and hot salsa. We tried it with garlic bread sticks, but I think I liked it better with tortilla chips. Thanks,...