Ingredients25 m servings 498
- Heat gas or charcoal grill for indirect cooking as directed by manufacturer.
- In 8-inch skillet, heat 3 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- Cut 18x12-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray. Unroll dough; place on sprayed foil. Press out dough with hands to form 13x9-inch rectangle. Brush dough with remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Turn dough upside down onto grill rack and peel off foil. For two-burner gas grill, place on unheated side. For one-burner gas grill, place on grill over low heat. For charcoal grill, place over drip pan placed next to medium coals. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bottom of dough is golden brown. Turn dough; grill 1 to 2 minutes longer or until bottom is set.
- Carefully remove crust from grill and place on foil. Spread crust with pesto; top with mushrooms and cheese. Return pizza on foil to grill heated to medium. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until crust is thoroughly cooked and cheese is melted. Top with basil, if desired.
- Use a rimless cookie sheet to transfer pizza to and from grill. Try sun-dried tomato pesto instead of basil pesto.
Per Serving: 498 calories; 25.2 50.8 19.6 29 1113 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I decided to add a little bit of tomato sauce. I put in 2 cups shitake and 1 cup oyster mushrooms with the basil pesto and Italian cheese. Great recipe! I need to do this again tomorrow!
Oh boy! this pizza was incredible! I made it using Easy Pesto recipe found on this site (two days prior)and used more like 2/3 of a cup instead, like a previous reviewer I sauteed 1/4 of an onio...
This was amazing. Someone used up our mushrooms (ahem wife... :) ) so I just sauteed onions and garlic in place of the mushrooms. Pretty awesome.
Yum! Fun, easy and delicious! The only change I made was to saute the mushrooms in oil and garlic - very good!