Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 335
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen sandwich cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl, cream together 1 cup butter and the flour until smooth and creamy. Stir in heavy cream. Scrape dough into a ball.
- Sprinkle the white sugar on a cutting board. Roll out the dough to about a 1/4-inch thickness on the sugared surface. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut dough into 24 circles. Using the rolling pin, roll each circle into a slightly oval shape. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges of the cookies get very lightly brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheet; then transfer them to cooling racks using a spatula.
- To make the filling, mix together 1/2 cup of butter, confectioners' sugar, egg yolk, and Swedish arrack punsch in a bowl. Beat until mixture is well blended and creamy.
- To assemble, spread about a rounded teaspoon of filling on the bottom of one cookie and place another cookie, bottom side down, on the filling to form a sandwich. Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
You might also like
- Cook's note:
- When rolling out the dough circles into ovals, use a fancy rolling pin if you have one. Mine has little bumps on it, and it makes for a pretty cookie.
- This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe. Making Your Eggs Safe
Per Serving: 335 calories; 26.3 23.2 2.2 88 167 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is my recipe.. just wanted to point out a couple of things.. the cookie dough is very sticky so you will need to dust your cutting board with a lot of sugar and keep turning the dough over ...