Chicken Fajitas with Mexican Rice - Family Meal
made it | 0 reviews |
"Borrowed from Tex-Mex cuisine, this recipe is a fun way to have a meal with your loved ones and save some money at the same time. The chicken marinated with Goya Mojo has an exquisite taste. This is a convenient and versatile dish allowing everyone to fix their fajitas as they please. Try making Fajita night part of a weekly family tradition!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a non-reactive container, marinate chicken in Goya Mojo.
- In a skillet on medium, heat 2 tbsp. oil and cook onion and mushrooms until onions are golden. Stir in peppers and cook 1 minute. Shake on adobo, remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to skillet and turn heat to medium - high. Cook chicken until desired doneness. Remove from skillet and allow to rest for a few minutes before cutting against the grain, into thin slices.
- Sprinkle tortillas with a few drops of water, wrap in foil and warm in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- On a large platter, arrange chicken, onion mixture and garnishes. Keep the tortillas warm in the foil or in cloth napkin. Spoon chicken and onion mixture into center of tortilla. Add desired garnishes, wrap and enjoy.
- To make the rice follow the directions behind the box.