Cinnamon Biscotti with Pistachios
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 135 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves until well mixed. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar together in a separate large bowl until light and fluffy; beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated, and mix in the cinnamon chips and pistachio nuts.
- Divide the dough in half. With floured hands, shape each half into a log about 9 inches long, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the logs with beaten egg white.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the logs are golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool until easy to handle. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Remove parchment paper from baking sheet.
- Using a serrated knife with a light sawing motion, cut the logs apart into 1/2-inch thick biscotti. Place the biscotti onto the baking sheet, and return to oven.
- Bake in the oven until the biscotti are lightly toasted, about 10 minutes; remove from oven, turn the biscotti over, and toast the other sides for an additional 10 minutes. Allow to cool on wire racks.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 6.5 g fat; 16.9 g carbohydrates; 2.6 g protein; 17 mg cholesterol; 106 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I made these yesterday and they were super easy and the bridge club ladies really liked them today
I tried this recipe and they fell apart quite easily when being cut with serrated knife. My suggestion is to course chop the pistachios before adding to batter. Otherwise fantastic taste. I w...
Loved this recipe, I did add a few things.I replaced 1/4 cup of the flour with almond flour. I also added about 1/4 cup chopped and lightly toasted mix of almonds and cashews(kept pistachio amo...
I never made biscotti so it was great to try something new. I found the recipe quite easy to follow. Unfortunately I didn't have the cinnamon chips, so I added 1 more cinnamon spoon to the mixtu...
I made a variation of this recipe yesterday with a friend of mine. I substituted the cinnamon for fresh ground cardamom seeds and the cinnamon chips for butterscotch chips. I also replaced the...