Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 637 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (2 sandwiches)
- Preheat sandwich press according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, turning halfway through, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer to a plate.
- Place bacon in a separate skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter over the outside of each slice of bread. Spread mayonnaise over 2 bread slices; assemble chicken, bacon, Cheddar cheese, tomato, and sprouts on top. Cover with the remaining 2 slices, buttered side-up. Place sandwiches into the sandwich press; cook until cheese is melted and bread is toasted, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use rye bread instead of French if preferred.
- Margarine can be substituted for the butter.
- You can use use 1 cup chopped lettuce in place of the alfalfa sprouts if desired.
- Cheese is optional; don't be afraid to try different varieties.
Per Serving: 637 calories; 46.7 g fat; 26.3 g carbohydrates; 28.5 g protein; 115 mg cholesterol; 1059 mg sodium. Full nutrition