Ingredients9 h servings 679 cals
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack at about 6 inches from the heat source. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the peppers in half from top to bottom; remove the stem, seeds, and ribs, then place the peppers cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, about 5 minutes. Place the blackened peppers into a bowl, and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow the peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Once cool, remove the skins and discard. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place the portobello mushroom caps into a resealable plastic bag, and pour in the balsamic vinaigrette. Squeeze out excess air, and seal. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- The following day, preheat an electric double sided grill (such as George Foreman(R) grill) according to manufacturers' directions. Sprinkle the eggplant slices with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Remove the portobello mushrooms from the marinade, and discard the remaining marinade. Cook on the preheated grill until tender 4 to 5 minutes. Cook the eggplant slices on the preheated grill until tender 4 to 5 minutes. Remove, set onto a plate, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread each slice of focaccia with ranch dressing. Place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread. Place the eggplant slices, roasted peppers, and a portobello mushroom onto four of the slices of bread. Top with the remaining bread.
- Spray the double sided grill with cooking spray, and cook the sandwiches until the cheese has melted, the sandwiches are hot in the center, and the bread is golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 679 calories; 19 g fat; 100.5 g carbohydrates; 28.1 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 1779 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
My boyfriend and I made it all in one day, since I didn't realized you needed to marinate the mushrooms over night. I was still AMAZING! Defiantly having it again.
I absolutely love this recipe. I'm vegetarian and not a very good cook, and this recipe turned out fantastic. Even meat lovers in my family love it!