Three Cheese-Stuffed French Toast
"This recipe is for those who enjoy baking and spending some time in the kitchen creating wonderful palate pleasing delights for those whose company we enjoy! So go on and give it a try, make someone's day by giving them brunch in bed!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 h 20 m servings 456
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- The night before: Split each bread slice four fifths of the way through. Spread the two sides apart so that they look like butterfly wings. Use a fork hollow out a shallow pocket on the inside of each slice. Discard the crumbs; set bread aside
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mozzarella, cream cheese and ricotta cheese. Stir in the apricot jam. Spoon 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture into each bread slice. Place slices in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- The next morning: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Pour apricot nectar into a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat. Stir in sugar and cornstarch; cook until thickened.
- Beat together eggs and milk. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and dredge in cornflakes crumbs. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook bread 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a medium frying pan or skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter, 2 tablespoons sugar and ginger over medium heat. Add peaches and cook for 3 minutes.
- Arrange French toast slices on individual plates. Top each serving evenly with peach slices, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with apricot syrup.
Per Serving: 456 calories; 18.2 61.5 13.6 94 617 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I tried this recipe as-is the first time, and found it to be a little too sweet for my taste. So, I used fresh blueberries in place of the preserves and opted not to top it off with anything mo...