Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 96
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place the goat cheese into a bowl, and set aside to reach room temperature, about 30 minutes. Mix in the Urfa biber until thoroughly combined. Scoop the goat cheese out onto a piece of plastic wrap on a work surface, and fold the plastic over the cheese to form the cheese back into a log shape. Twist the ends of the plastic, and chill the goat cheese log thoroughly for at least 1 hour.
- Place cocoa nibs onto a large, flat plate, and unroll the goat cheese log onto the nibs, turning the cheese to coat the surface. Rewrap the cheese in plastic wrap, keeping the log shape, and chill until firm, about 1 more hour.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note
- Look for ground Urfa biber, a small dried Turkish pepper with a robust but sweet flavor and bold but not harsh heat, at Middle Eastern or specialty grocery stores.
- Cocoa nibs are small broken pieces of roasted cocoa beans, and have a distinctive, fruity and savory chocolate flavor. You can use a coffee or spice grinder, being careful not to grind them too finely.
Per Serving: 96 calories; 7.6 1.7 5 18 119 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Great flavor complements--cocoa and hot, fruity pepper. Instead of a log, I made cheese truffles. Next time I'll make them a bit smaller. They're a rich mouthful!