Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings
Original recipe yields 32 servings (4 cups)
- Beat cream cheese spread with mixer until creamy. Add seasoning mix; beat until well blended. Spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
- Layer all remaining ingredients except tortilla chips over cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Serve with chips.
- Special Extra: Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro
- Nutrition Bonus: Enjoy a little taste of Mexico with this flavourful dip. And since it's made with better-for-you ingredients, it can fit into a healthful eating plan.
- Variation: Substitute a quiche dish for the pie plate.
- Makeover - How We Did It: We've taken a favourite appetizer and made it over by preparing it with black beans instead of guacamole and using Philadelphia Light Brick Cream Cheese Spread, Kraft Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese Light - Made with 2% Milk and baked tortilla chips in place of regular products. You'll save 20 calories and 4.5 grams of total fat per serving.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving (2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dip and 4 chips (7 g)) : 70 calories, 2.5g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fibre, 1g sugars, 3g protein, 2%DV vitamin A, 2%DV vitamin C, 6%DV calcium, 2%DV iron.
- Recipe nutrition information prepared by Food to Facts for KRAFT Canada Inc.
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used homemade taco seasoning, homemade salsa and because I did not have light cheddar cheese, I did use 1/2 of an eight ounce block of pepper-jack cheese because that was what I had on hand to...