Donnasue's Cornbread Mustard Green Casserole
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 690
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the mustard greens, onion, and roasted garlic until the onions are translucent and the mustard greens are wilted and reduced, about 10 minutes. Drain greens mixture in a colander if very juicy.
- Mix the corn muffin mix, biscuit mix, eggs, and milk together in a large bowl to make a batter; mix in the Dijon mustard and seasoned tenderizing salt, then gently stir in the cooked greens, ham, and Mexican cheese blend until thoroughly combined. Scrape the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean, about 50 minutes. If casserole begins to brown too quickly, cover dish with foil partway through the cooking time. Turn off oven, and allow casserole to stand 15 minutes in the hot oven before serving.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 690 calories; 33.8 68.3 30.3 125 2033 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Don't bother me, I'm eatin'. Really, I have a big piece of Donnasue's casserole right here and it's awesome. I am a hopeless lover of cornbread which is what caught my eye. I may have been born ...
I made this without the ham and meat tenderizer (I'm vegetarian) and used almond milk (cause that's what I had) but otherwise followed this exactly. OMG it was amazing! Having recently joined a...
This is very easy to prepare, however it was a little dry for our taste. The flavors go well together, but I don't think enough for me to make it again. Just seemed like it was missing something.
I made it for the first time and luv it. Next time I know to add red pepper flakes because I like my greens with a little kick to it. Other than that it turned our great!