Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 523 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and shortening in large bowl; beat at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition. Spoon about 2 cups batter into prepared pan.
- Combine hot chocolate mix and walnuts; sprinkle half of mixture over batter in pan. Repeat layers, ending with batter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer cake to serving plate. Drizzle with Chocolate Glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Chocolate Glaze: Cook and stir baking chocolate and shortening in heavy small saucepan over low heat just until melted. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons hot water. Stir in additional hot water, if necessary, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until glaze is smooth and of drizzling consistency. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- * 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening equals 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
Per Serving: 523 calories; 26.1 g fat; 65.3 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 64 mg cholesterol; 331 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1