Frosted Easter Cut-Outs
made it | 0 reviews |
Crisco Baking Sticks®
"Use your favorite holiday cookie cutters to create delightful cookies ready for frosting."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients26 m servings 192 cals
Original recipe yields 36 servings (6 dozen 2-inch cookies)
- Combine sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; beat until well blended and fluffy.
- Combine 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; gradually add to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces; shape each into disk. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place disk of dough on floured paper; flatten slightly with hands. Turn dough over; cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of waxed paper.
- Cut into desired shapes with floured cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Frosting: Combine powdered sugar and milk in small bowl; stir until smooth. Add food coloring, if desired. Stir until blended. Spread on cookies; let stand until frosting is set. Decorate as desired.
- * 1 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening equals 1stick Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks
Per Serving: 192 calories; 7.9 g fat; 28.7 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 89 mg sodium. Full nutrition