Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients43 m servings 93 cals
Original recipe yields 42 servings (3 -1/2 dozen cookies)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until a coarse meal forms. Sprinkle spices over mixture. Add apple, walnuts and egg, mixing on low speed until a smooth dough forms. Drop tablespoonsfuls of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack.
- Place frosting and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon into the corner of a 1-quart resealable food storage bag. Knead to combine. Seal bag. Microwave 5 seconds on HIGH (100% power). Snip small edge off bag corner. Squeeze bag to drizzle cooled cookies with frosting. Sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon.
- * 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening equals 1/3 stick Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks
Per Serving: 93 calories; 5 g fat; 12.3 g carbohydrates; 0.9 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 93 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
very good i substituted almonds for walnuts and added finely chopped apples along with the shredded loved it, my kids loved them so that makes it even better