Ingredients22 m servings 84 cals
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonsful 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- TIP Other combinations of chips may be used, such as 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup white chocolate chips, or 1 cup peanut butter chips and 1 cup of chocolate chips, or 1 cup chopped nuts and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- *2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening equals 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
Per Serving: 84 calories; 4.5 g fat; 11 g carbohydrates; 0.9 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 32 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Fabulous!! My whole family loved these, the problem being they were gone too fast! The only change I made was to cut the sugar to 1 cup from 1.5 cups (plenty sweet enough with only 1 cup).
Really good and super fast and easy! Different enough to stand out.
I followed this recipe exact, only using mini chocolate chips instead of the full sized ones. I baked them at 350* for nine minutes, letting them cool slightly on the pan before pulling them off...