Caramel Oatmeal Bars
made it | 0 reviews |
Crisco Baking Sticks®
"Oatmeal cookie bars are taken over the top with a sprinkle of chocolate chips and nuts and a drizzle of caramel syrup."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 137 cals
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen squares)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat shortening, oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumbs into prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over crust. Stir together caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour until well blended. Drizzle over chocolate chips and nuts. Top with reserved 1/2 cup crumbs.
- Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. While still warm, run a knife around the outside edge of pan. Cool completely on rack.
- * 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening equals 3/4 stick Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks
Per Serving: 137 calories; 7.4 g fat; 16.6 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 40 mg sodium. Full nutrition