The America Sandwich
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 1074 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (4 large sandwiches)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cut a slit down the center of a loaf of bread, and use a spoon to scoop out the interior, leaving a pocket in the loaf. Line the pocket with 2 slices of processed cheese food. Divide the cooked bacon slices in 4, and stuff each bread loaf with 1/4 of the bacon.
- Place sliced roast beef and ham onto microwave-safe plates, and top slices with a pat of butter. Cook in microwave oven set on High until the butter has melted, about 30 seconds. Lightly stuff each loaf with 1/4 of the buttered meat slices. Top with sliced American cheese, and stuff a couple of pats of butter into the top of each loaf.
- Use remaining butter to spread over the outside of each loaf. Generously drizzle dollops of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise over the top of the stuffing.
- Place loaves on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until the bread is toasted and the filling is hot and melted, about 30 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning bread.
- Heat the gravy to a simmer over low heat; remove sandwiches from oven, slice into serving portions, and top each serving with a generous helping of hot gravy.
Per Serving: 1074 calories; 55.9 g fat; 95.5 g carbohydrates; 47.7 g protein; 139 mg cholesterol; 3844 mg sodium. Full nutrition