Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 394 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray 2 9-inch fluted tube cake pans (such as Bundt(R) pans) with cooking spray.
- Spread half the cajeta into the bottom of each prepared cake pan. Place sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, 4 eggs, and vanilla extract into a blender, cover the blender, and pulse several times to break up the eggs; blend until thoroughly mixed, about 30 seconds. Pour half the milk mixture into each cake pan.
- Place the cake mix into a mixing bowl, add the water, vegetable oil, and 3 eggs, and beat with an electric mixer on low speed to combine, about 30 seconds; increase speed to medium, and beat until the cake batter is smooth, about 2 more minutes. Scrape half the cake mix into each pan, on top of the flan ingredients.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and flip pans over onto cake serving pans while still hot to remove from pans. Allow to cool before serving.
- Cook's Note
- If you cannot find cajeta (in the Mexican aisle at the store) you can substitute it by making it. You'll need a can of sweetened condensed milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla. In a pan on the stove (medium heat), pour the sweetened condensed milk and boil it down (low heat) until it caramelizes...about 30 minutes, then add vanilla. Done!
Per Serving: 394 calories; 15.8 g fat; 54.2 g carbohydrates; 9.5 g protein; 100 mg cholesterol; 354 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
OMG, the flavors are spectacular! I love this cake! A couple things, I would like just one big cake, not two little ones. Maybe cook a large cake in a water bath for a longer time. Also I wa...
We call this flancocho back home in PR. We usually do not make it with spice cake but with yellow cake or by mixing in chunks of ready-made pound cake with the flan mixture. I wanted to try this...
Perfect! Deefricking delicious. One is going to the family reunion, where many good cooks will be gathered, and one for the house. Perfect.